Commis jobs in Dubai
– Under the direction of the Chef De Partie Main, the Commis is responsible for the preparation and storage of menu items, in accordance with established procedures for preparation and quality standards for taste, presentation and hygiene standards of the hotel.
– Is responsible to prepare a consistent, high-quality food product, ensure courteous, professional, efficient and flexible service and Hotels operational standards.
– Is responsible to prepare special meals or substitute items, regulate the temperature of ovens, broilers, grills, and roasters etc. Pull food from freezer storage to thaw in the refrigerator and ensure proper portion, arrangement, and food garnish.
– Is able to manage a section independently and take ownership of a shift.
– Innovates and is guest centric especially for long stayer guests offering them variety and personalized solutions.
Key Deliverables and Responsibilities:
Planning & Organizing:
– At the start of the shift, checks all gauges, timers and knobs of machines to ensure all are functioning properly.
– Reviews special prep instructions and participates in the mise-en-place for said items.
– Prepares and cooks food according to recipes, quality standards, presentation standards, and food preparation checklist.
– Follows the cleaning schedules for the kitchen and clean the section and other areas as directed.
– Prepares menu items in accordance with established recipe cards and methods.
– Checks all menu items prior to dispatch to ensure that these comply with established standards.
– Personally checks on food taste regularly and ensures consistency and guest likes and choices.
– Prepares mise-en-place as advised by superior while minimizing spoilage, wastage and exercises the portion control.
– Follows cost control procedures, prepares reports for wastage and spoilages.
– Is expected to comply with the conditions of the food hygiene policies.
– Assists in accepting store and direct deliveries of raw material.
– Ensure the proper sanitation and cleanliness of surfaces and storage containers.
– Inspects work area, utensils and tools to ensure that these are clean at the beginning of each shift.
– Follows all procedures set for the closing and opening of a shift or a section.
– Handles all equipment in the proper manner and practices accident prevention measures.
– Ensures timely reporting of malfunction or maintenance deficiencies to appropriate area.
– Manages basic maintenance and handling of equipment used in professional manner.
– Prepares all reports and submits accordingly as advised by Chef De Partie Main.
Generic Aspects on Hygiene / Personal Safety / Environment/Confidentiality:
– Ensure proper care of all equipment and furniture entrusted for Heartists use.
– Be well-familiar with the hotel’s policies and procedures, well-acquainted with the physical layout of the hotel and its premises and knowledgeable of the hotel’s emergency procedures in regard to fire, medical, bomb threat, black-out and evacuation.
– Knows the safety regulations and ensures their application & ensures the safety of people and property in the hotel.
– Respects and ensures respect of the hotel’s commitments to the “Environment Charter” of Planet 21 program (saving energy, recycling, sorting waste etc).
– Understands and strictly adhere to the Rules & Regulations established in the Employees Handbook and the Hotel’s policy on Fire, Hygiene, Health and Safety.
– Ensure that confidential records and other confidential information are properly safeguarded and are not removed from the office.
– Does not disclose any financial information or any other information of the Accor Hotels.
Safety Tips: Never pay for job application, test or interview. A genuine employer will never ask you for the payment in anycase.
To apply for this job please visit www.gulftalent.com.